New Drum & Bass mix: Kongkast # 126 – feat. Mark7 (5158 Records / Aus)
This week we have an exclusive preview mix by Mark7 (5158 Records / AUS).
Mark7 - the head honcho behind the label 5158 Records (Australia) is no stranger to the media and big stages.
With regular club nights and big rave parties along side the greats in drum’n’bass.
During the mid 1990′s, Mark7 entered and won a Triple J Nation Wide DJ Contest. In the recent years, Mark7 has been co-hosting the “Rollerz” radio show (fortnightly rotation) on Fresh Fm 92.7.
Since 2000, 5158 Records has released 13 local compilation cd’s, with over 35 artists producing over 160 tracks since conception (Mark7, etheory, Skyver, Djon, Well Being, Fiction, Prewf, Hooligan Soul and many more). It was in that year that Mark7 was also nominated in the Lemon Ruski National Dance Music Awards as “Australia’s best new dj”. As well as being awarded with Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) prestigious “Encouragement Award” and awarded 5158 with “Most popular local record label” up against other music genre’s at the South Australian Dance Music Awards.
Many thanks, MARK7 for this excellent selection for KONGKAST – Asia’s drum n bass and dubstep podcast. And don’t forget, if you’re in Hong Kong this weekend, catch MARK7 @ HEAVY! Info below!
KONGKAST #126 – feat. Mark7 (5158 Records / Aus)
1. Prewf – On My Mind (5158 Records)
2. Understate (Zero T remix) – Technology (Touched By Records)
3. Upbeats – Ionized (Commercial Suicide)
4. Silent Witness and Break – ABTN (Triple Seed)
5. Ed Rush, Optical and Noisia – Brain Bucket (Vision Recordings)
6. Siren – Snorkel (Vicious Circle)
7. Lomax, Xample, Loadstar – Link to the past (Ram Recordings)
8. Traktion – R1 (5158 Records)
9. S.P.Y – Beyond the threashold (RUN DNB)
10. Alix Perez and Noisia – Loose Ends (Shogun Audio)
11. Mark7 (Sook & Distemper Remix) – Your Jealousy (5158 Records)
12. Spor and Noisia – Falling Through (Vision)
13. Total Science, Dj Lee, S.P.Y – Useless (Atlas Recordings)
14. Phace – Vintage (Neosignal)
15. Jubei – Alignment (Metalheadz)
16. Norihito Ogawa – Riff Ride (Varium)
17. Paul Saint Jack – Inner Clarity (Fokuz Recordings)
18. Susiah and Xilent – Fallen (Ammunition Recordings)
19. Additive and Breach feat Tawny K – Believe (5158 Records)
20. Break – Unite (Engine Music)
21. Paranoized and Impact – Bitter End (Corinthian Recordings)
ABOUT MARK7 (5158 Records / Aus)
Mark Liddell djs & produces drum’n’bass under the name of Mark7. He first commenced the jungle / drum’n’bass journey back in 1996 as a bedroom dj. Mark7 entered and won a nation wide dj competition on Triple J’s Saturday Night National Mixup program and the following year as part of the Australian Loud Festival, played on nation-wide radio also streamed live across the globe via the j’s website – his first gig.
He was soon asked back for an encore performance on Triple J in 99 and has in more recent years been co-hosting Rollerz (fortnightly rotation) on Fresh Fm 92.7 (www.fresh92.7.com.au) which carries an Austrialian audience of over 222,000+. In 2000 Mark7 set up an independent local record label – 5158 Records – which has released 13 local compilation cd’s, with over 35 artists producing over 160 tracks since conception (Mark7, etheory, Skyver, Djon, Well Being, Fiction, Prewf, Hooligan Soul and many more). It was in that year that Mark7 was also nominated in the Lemon Ruski National Dance Music Awards as “Australia’s best new dj”.
Since then he has dj’ed at regular club nights and big rave parties along side the greats in drum’n’bass such as AndyC, Teebee, Calyx, Break, Bad Company, Shock One, Pendulum along with the majority of dnb acts touring Australia. Mark has also played several domestic Gig’s including Madhatters in Perth (and several others), Stepp Inn Brisbane & Revolver in Melbourne. In 2005 Mark7’s 5158 Records was awarded with Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) prestigious “Encouragement Award” and was also awarded with 5158′s “Most popular local record label” up against other music genre’s at the South Australian Dance Music Awards.
Over the 14 years has carried nominations in the most popular dnb dj, most popular local label, most popular local producer and such categories but his real accomplishments for Mark include his co-lab with E-theory, Djon & Skyver remixed & globablly released on the latest Technique Recordings E.P. Radio One in the Uk have rinsed “Gimme Sumthin” on several programs and it is one of the featured tunes on “Street Technique CD” along with tracks from Simon Bassline Smith, Drumsound, Roni Size, J-Magic & Fresh to name but a few. The South Coast Vinyl Doulbe EP on 5158 Records came out in recent years and can be heard on his mark7dnb youtube account and available online distributed via LOAD Media.